An incredible day filled with adventure
Take the journey down the most prized river in Charlevoix for a whole day. Explore a 25-km downhill course on the waters of the Gouffre River, a wild salmon river punctuated by whitewaters easy to cross. At the beginning route you will come across R1 class rapids. The « L’Aventure » descent is accessible and appreciated by adults and teenagers looking for a good challenge. You will come across Charlevoix’s most beautiful riverside landscapes in a fun ride that will awaken your sense of adventure.
“L’Aventure” is a descent of about 4h to 6h without a guide, including a rental service assisted by a shuttle.You can go downriver with a single or double recreational kayak. A waterproof bag is included in the service. The use of closed shoes or fastened sandals is mandatory. Neoprene booties and neoprene clothes are also available for rent.
The environment you will be exploring
The Gouffre River is a river with unique forest landscapes, winding through a valley of clay and sand. At the end of the route, you will cross a more rural and urbanized section: the village of Baie-Saint-Paul. Wandering the river you will have the opportunity to stop on one of the beaches, an ideal time to go for a swim or enjoy a picnic.
This river is well known for the presence of Atlantic salmon, brook trout and rainbow trout. You might also come across fishermen on your way downriver. The Gouffre River remains a fragile area, let us be aware of the unique environment we are visiting.
Information and price
From June 19th to July 24th, 2021
Baie-Saint-Paul wharf, 210, rue Saint-Anne, Baie-Saint-Paul, G3Z 1P8
Price for each participant
|L'Aventure (25km)||+ Insurance||+ Insurance and wetshoes|
|General Admin (12+)||69 $||71 $||75 $|
Complements to your descent :
- Breakage and evacuation insurance : 2 $
- Watershoes rental : 4 $
- Wetsuit + watershoes rental : 10 $
The package includes
- Renting of a simple or double kayak
- The shuttle to the launch point
- Basic kayaking instructions
- Nautical equipment and waterproof bag
The package excludes
- Your personal sports clothes
- Taxes are not included (14,975 %)
- Simple or double kayak
- PFD (personal flotation device)
- Dry bag
- Wetsuit rental available
- A closed shoe or an attached sandal (no flip flops)
- Short or swimsuit
- Wool or polar sweater
- Cap or hat
- Extra clothes
- Enough water for the whole day
- Suntan lotion
Route and length
L'Aventure (25 km)
The Baie-Saint-Paul wharf.
Shuttle service from the parking lot at the Baie-Saint-Paul wharf to your kayak starting point is included in the rental price. All kayak routes end at the Baie-Saint-Paul wharf. Reservations mandatory. Children 12 years old and over are accepted.
On this route you will come across R1 class rapids, with fun whitewater, great for learning the challenges of a river. This is a great route for adventurous beginners and kayak adepts.
Total duration varies from 5h30 to 7h30 (including the handover of equipment, transportation and the descent) The descent takes about 4h to 6h (varies according to the water level).
Several departures daily. Participants must arrive 30 minutes early to get prepared.
- Download our detailed schedule to obtain information about all our activities.
- Up to 7 days before the activity : 10% of the total amount will be non-refundable, without change fees during the same season.
- From 7 days to 48 hours before the activity : 50% of the total amount will be non-refundable, without change fees during the same season.
- From 48 hours to the day of the activity : 100% of the total amount will be non-refundable, change with a $20 fee during the same season.
- The day of the activity : 100% of the total amount will be non-refundable, without possibility of modification.