An activity families don’t want to miss
Enjoy 8 km of kayaking on the Gouffre River, a wild salmon river with whitewaters easy to cross. It is an accessible and popular route for families, school groups and other outdoor enthusiasts who have completed it.
About the “La Familiale” descent
“La Familiale” is a 1:30 to 2:00 hour descent without a guide, including a shuttle service. You can go downriver with a single or double recreational kayak. A waterproof bag is included in the service. The use of closed shoes or fastened sandals is mandatory. Neoprene booties and neoprene clothes are also available for rent.
The environment you will be exploring
The Gouffre River is a river with unique forest landscapes, winding through a valley of clay and sand. At the end of the route, you will cross a more rural and urbanized section: the village of Baie-Saint-Paul. Wandering the river you will have the opportunity to stop on one of the beaches, an ideal time to go for a swim or enjoy a picnic.
This river is well known for the presence of Atlantic salmon, brook trout and rainbow trout. You might also come across fishermen on your way downriver. The Gouffre River remains a fragile area, let us be aware of the unique environment we are visiting.
Information and price
From June 12th to September 19th, 2021
Baie-Saint-Paul wharf, 210, rue Saint-Anne, Baie-Saint-Paul, G3Z 1P8
Price for each participant
|La Familiale (8km)||+ Insurance||+ Insurance and wetshoes|
|Adult (18+)||49 $||51 $||55 $|
|Youth (4 - 17)||34 $||36 $||40 $|
Complements to your descent :
- Breakage and evacuation insurance : 2 $
- Watershoes rental : 4 $
- Wetsuit + watershoes rental : 10 $
The package includes
- Renting of a simple or double kayak
- The shuttle to the launch point
- Basic kayaking instructions
- Nautical equipment and waterproof bag
The package excludes
- Your personal sportswear
- Taxes are not included (14,975 %)
- Simple or double kayak
- PFD (personal flotation device)
- Dry bag
- Wetsuit and booties rental available
- A closed shoe or an attached sandal (no flip flops)
- Short or swimsuit
- Wool or polar sweater
- Cap or hat
- Extra clothes
- Enough water for the whole day
- Suntan lotion
Route and length
La Familiale (8 km)
The Baie-Saint-Paul wharf.
Shuttle service from the parking lot at the Baie-Saint-Paul wharf to your kayak starting point is included in the rental price. All kayak routes end at the Baie-Saint-Paul wharf. Reservations mandatory. Children 4 years old and over are accepted.
It’s the easier route, with some fun whitewaters to discover the river's challenges.
From 2h to 3h (including the handover of equipment, transportation and the descent) (depending on water level)
Several departures daily. Participants must arrive 30 minutes early to get prepared.
- Download our detailed schedule to obtain information about all our activities.
- Up to 7 days before the activity : 10% of the total amount will be non-refundable, without change fees during the same season.
- From 7 days to 48 hours before the activity : 50% of the total amount will be non-refundable, without change fees during the same season.
- From 48 hours to the day of the activity : 100% of the total amount will be non-refundable, change with a $20 fee during the same season.
- The day of the activity : 100% of the total amount will be non-refundable, without possibility of modification.