Discover the natural habitat of Grands-Jardins National Park
Discover the enchanting trails of Grands-Jardins National Park on a secluded off-track skiing adventure. The tranquil and undisturbed nature setting offers you the unique opportunity to explore off the beaten path.
What to expect: an introduction to off-track skiing with OAC skis. The guided tour of this hidden gem within Charlevoix is known for its breathtaking views and secluded quiet ambiance.
Tours at Grands-Jardins take place weekly on Sundays and require a reservation. An optional shuttle service from your accommodation in Baie-Saint-Paul is available for your convenience.
- A Nordic Skiing trek in open nature;
- The spectacular landscape of Grands-Jardins National Park;
- The lead and guidance of an experienced adventure tour guide
- The possibility to encounter winter fauna
The excursion takes place within a forest trail surrounded by the mountains and lakes of the Malbaie region. You will take in the panoramic views of this UNESCO-recognized nature biosphere reserve.
The trek’s path is surrounded by lakes. On occasion, we will cross the lakes or scale around them from mountainside trails that overlook these majestic bodies of water.
You will notice animal footprints from an impressive variety of winter fauna; lynx, coyote, moose, otter, and even other animal footprints permit a glimpse of the vast world that lives in this natural habitat. If luck would have it, you may encounter some of these animals for a truly unforgettable experience.
How to Prepare
Bring layers of clothing required for your comfort, as well as an extra change of clothes to switch into after the excursion. It is recommended that you bring a blanket or an extra layer for lunchbreak on the trek.
There are outhouses with dry toilets at the starting point, refuge de la Galette, as well as at the lunch break spot, refuge du Pointu. Offering a warm and rustic ambiance and heated by wood stove, refuge du Pointu is the ideal location to warm up and eat lunch. Be sure to pack your lunch and bring enough water and energy snacks to keep you satisfied during the course of your excursion.
Information and price
Season Open Dates
Every Sunday, from January 13th to March 24th, 2019.
From Monday to Friday: Possible trek dates added (minimum 6 people required)
Meeting Place and Time
Refuge de la Galette, km 34, route 318, Parc national des Grands-Jardins, QC.
|years||Princing : Guided Service from the Grands-Jardins||Guided Service from the Grands-Jardin|
|18 years et +||99 $||119 $|
|10-17 years old||69 $||89 $|
Contact us in advance to reserve the shuttle service: email@example.com
The package includes…
- The service of an adventure tour guide
- Rental of HOK Ski-Snowshoes and Poles
- An introduction to off-track skiing (11 km)
- A lunch break in a heated shelter
- Lunch (hearty stew, bread, cheese, and dessert)
- Park entry to Grands-Jardins National Park
The package does not include…
- Personal winter clothing
- Water, snacks, and additional meals
- Taxes (14.975%)
- OAC Skis (Ski-Shoes) 147 cm or 127 cm
- Ski Poles
- Winter boots (sturdiest possible)
- Coat and Snow Pants
- Additional clothing layers (fleece sweater or vest)
- Synthetic long-underwear
- Tuque, gloves, scarf
- A change of clothes
- Backpack (optional)
- Water and energy snacks
Excursion and Duration
Parcours MODÉRÉ nécessitant un effort d’ascension à l’occasion et la capacité de faire une marche d’environ 4-5 heures (11 km), entrecoupée par des pauses et un repas d’environ une heure.
Schedule From 9:00am to 4:00pm
9:00 : Meeting at Refuge de la Galette 9:30 : Introduction 10:00 : Ski Excursion Start 12:30 – 1:00: Meal at Refuge du Pointu 1:00 : Excursion Continues 3:30 : Excursion Ends at Refuge de la Galette 4:00 : Participant Departure
7 hours total / 5 hours active Includes 1 hour of preparation/introduction and 1 hour for lunch break.
Meeting at 9:00am at Refuge de la Galette.
- Reservations will be confirmed by the payment with a credit card.
- It is possible to reserve on-line till 48 hours before the activities.
- To reserve the day beforevor that very day, please contact us to 418.665.2332.
- We shall communicate with you if he had to have changes in your reservation there.