Adventure for all and observation of marine mammals
From the Port de Refuge de Cap-à-l'Aigle marina, by way of rivière à la Loutre, discover one of the most remote sections of the Charlevoix coast: le Gros cap à l'Aigle and enjoy a memorable outdoor meal there, on the Bas de l'Anse beaches. Observe the aquatic birds that live there along with marine mammals (whales, belugas, porpoise and seals)
- The coastal landscapes of the Charlevoix World Biosphere Reserve;
- The Southwest section of the Saguenay-St. Lawrence Marine Park;
- Camping on beaches and outdoor meals;
- Meeting and observing marine mammals and aquatic birds;
- The iodized smell of tidal flats and the succession of rocky capes.
The environment you will be visiting
Many species of aquatic and migratory bird species live and/or stop over here. To mention but a few: the Common Eider, Surf Scoter, Barrow's Goldeneye, Double-crested Cormorant, Herring Gull, Great Black-backed Gull, Black-crowned Night-Heron, Razorbill, Black Guillemot, Long-tailed Duck , Great Blue Heron, Snow Goose, Canada Goose. In all, 250 species of shorebirds, forest and aquatic birds visit and\or live in the Charlevoix region. As for marine mammals, there are 2 resident species: the Beluga and the Harbour Seal, along with a few other species that spend the summer here: Harbour porpoise, Minke and Fin Whales.
The Cap-à-l'Aigle sector discovery activity, in the St. Lawrence middle Estuary, also testifies as to Charlevoix's hectic geological history. Paddle to the rhythm of the tide and learn more from our interpreter-guides.
Experienced guides that know the area, respect for weather conditions, maximized supervision ratios, appropriate routes, equipment quality, comfortable wetsuits, all these factors help us to safely supervise groups of tourists of all ages, experience levels and backgrounds.
Information and price
From June 22th to September 20th, 2018
Marina Port de Refuge, 10, rue de la Grève, La Malbaie, G5A 2R3
Price for each participant
|Age||Rates||Groups 8 et +||Kayak perso*|
|18 and +||119 $||104 $||84 $|
|10-17||89 $||78 $||70 $|
The package includes…
- Six and one half hour (6 ½) guided kayak excursion
- A generous outdoor lunch
- Introduction to basic kayaking
- Supervision by a professional guide
- Nautical material and dry bags
- Wetsuit & accessories.
The package excludes…
- Your personal sports garments
- Taxes (14.975 %)
- Guide gratuities, at your discretion.
- Solo or double sea kayak
- Wetsuit, paddling anorak and booties
- PFD (Personal Flotation Device)
- Dry bag
- Sprayskirt and paddle.
- Wool or Polar sweater
- Short or swimsuit
- Cap or hat
- Extra clothes
- Enough water for the whole day.
Route and length
Cap-à-l'Aigle wharf to Gros cap à l'Aigle and return
Port de Refuge de Cap à l'Aigle marina installations for reception and facilities.
Approximately 18 km, with several nice beaches to stop for lunch
Route difficulty level is Easy to Moderate, starting from the Cap à l'Aigle wharf ramp. Excursion is accessible to beginners as well as to experienced paddlers.
- 6hrs 30min total
- Technical preparation and training: 1hr
- Kayak excursion: 2hrs a.m. + 2hrs p.m.
- Lunch break: 1hr 30min
Departures are usually scheduled between 9 a.m. and 14 p.m. according to the variable cycle of the tide.
- Download our detailed schedule to obtain information about all our activities.
- Reservations will be confirmed by the payment with a credit card.
- It is possible to reserve on-line till 48 hours before the activities.
- To reserve the day beforevor that very day, please contact us to 418.665.2332.
- We shall communicate with you if he had to have changes in your reservation there.