Exclusive: unusual winter kayak experience!
Dare to push the kayak experience to a new high during the season where ice still floats down the River. You can have a front row seat for the grandiose spectacle of nature's quiet strength. These four hours of activities will allow kayakists to find themselves in an exceptional setting and to satisfy their need for adventure and discovery.
- The unique feeling of being the first and the only ones on the water.
- The coastal landscapes of La Malbaie and Cap-à-l'Aigle in winter.
- Beautiful cliffs with cascades of ice.
- An area where aquatic birds (Common Eiders and Long-Tailed Ducks) concentrate.
The environment you will be visiting:
The proposed excursions will allow you to tame the icy waters of the St. Lawrence estuary at the end of winter and in early spring. Icebergs and ice floes, seals and Long-tailed Ducks, sunshine and blue sea water... be among the chosen few who paddle out at this time of year!
Thanks to the much closer supervision of participants, the use of double kayaks and the wearing of warm clothes, sea kayaking turns out to be as secure and stimulating in winter as it is in summer.
Information and price
March 24th to April 21th, 2018, weekends only.
Marina Port de Refuge, 10, rue de la Grève, La Malbaie, G5A 2R3
Price for each participant
|Age||Rates||Groups 8 and +|
|18 and +||94 $||85 $|
|10-17||84 $||75 $|
The package includes…
- A 4 hr winter kayak activity
- Introduction to basic kayaking
- Supervision by a professional guide
- Nautical material and dry bags
- Wet-suit and accessories
- Warm beverages and snacks
The package excludes…
- Your personal sports garments
- Taxes (14.975 %)
- Guide gratuities, at your discretion
- Double polyethylene sea kayak
- Neoprene overall-Long Johns /Janes
- Top layer: semi-dry anorak
- 3 mm neoprene socks and felt boots
- Poogies and neoprene gloves
- PFD (flotation jacket)
- Dry bag, Sprayskirt, paddle
- 2 Wool or Polar sweaters
- Long sports underwear
- Tuque, warm mitts, (avoid leather), scarf
- Spare clothes
- Sunglasses, suntan lotion
- Enough water for the whole day.
Route and length
Cap-à-l'Aigle to La Malbaie - return
Port de Refuge de Cap à l'Aigle marina installations for reception.
Approximately 6 km
Easy route, starting points may vary slightly in winter. Excursion is accessible to beginners who aren't afraid of the cold :-) as well as experienced paddlers.
- 4hrs total
- Technical preparation and training: 1hr
- Kayak excursion: 2hrs to 2hrs 30min
Departures are usually scheduled between 8 a.m. and 12 p.m., according to the variable cycle of the tide.
- Download our » Schedule winter kayaking 2018 to obtain information about all our activities.