A stroll in the Charlevoix wilderness
The Gouffre river is still a wild salmon river, ideal for recreational kayaking. Several routes dotted with easy whitewaters are offered to beginners, families, groups including school groups, as well as more experienced adepts.
We offer a rental service to suit all tastes along with a shuttle service. While descending the river, you will have the opportunity to stop on one of the beaches for a swim, to enjoy a picnic or just take in the scenery.
Relax, live the present, take a deep breath, have a good look at all this wilderness, feel its power and let the river currents guide your trip.
A glimpse of what to expect
The Gouffre river's forest landscape is unique as it meanders through a valley seated in blue clay and sand.
The last leg snakes through a more rural and urbanized section: the village of Baie-Saint-Paul. On the West bank, next to the Leclerc bridge, is a historical fresco about Charlevoix, Baie-Saint-Paul and the hinterland, from the olden days until now.
The environment you will be exploring
The source of the Gouffre river is lac des Coeurs, located in Grands-Jardins National Park. It flows 72 km before joining the brackish waters of the St. Lawrence estuary at the Baie-Saint-Paul wharf. All the routes we offer on this river come to an end at the mouth of the river, near our facilities at the wharf, 210 rue Sainte-Anne.
This river is well-known because of the presence of Atlantic salmon, Speckled and Rainbow trout in its waters. Its many pools attract salmon fishermen.
The Gouffre river is nonetheless a fragile environment. Let's remind ourselves that we are visiting a unique ecosystem. PLEASE follow our example and Leave No Trace of your passage.
Information and price
From May 18th to September 29th, 2019
Baie-Saint-Paul wharf, 210, rue Saint-Anne, Baie-Saint-Paul, G3Z 1P8
Price for each participant
|La Familiale (12km)||La Balade (20km)||L'Aventure (25km)|
|Adults (18+)||46 $||56 $||61 $|
|Youth (4 - 17)||31 $||41 $||46 $|
The package includes…
- Rental of Solo or double kayak
- Shuttle to the river starting point
- Basic kayaking instructions
- Nautical equipment and dry bags
The package excludes…
- Your personal sports clothes
- TAXES NOT INCLUDED (14,975 %)
- Solo or double kayak
- PFD (Personal Flotation Device)
- Dry bags
- Dry suit rental available
- Wool or Polar sweater
- Short or swimsuit
- Cap or hat
Route and length
La Ballade (20 km)
The Baie-Saint-Paul wharf.
Shuttle service from the parking lot at the Baie-Saint-Paul wharf to your kayak starting point is included in the rental price. All kayak routes end at the Baie-Saint-Paul wharf. Reservations mandatory.
- 25 km / Route starts in the wilderness, a bit more technical. A nice full day of activities for sportier types.
- 20 km / Beautiful sand cliffs, white water, for people in shape.
- 12 km / Easier route, with some fun whitewaters to discover the river's challenges. For beginners.
- From 3 to 4 1\2 hours (depending on the water level).
Several departures daily. Participants must arrive 30 minutes early to get prepared.
|Departure||From Wednesday to Sunday||Return Time|
|10h||La Balade (20 km)||~ 14h|
- Reservations will be confirmed by the payment with a credit card.
- It is possible to reserve on-line till 48 hours before the activities.
- To reserve the day beforevor that very day, please contact us to 418.665.2332.
- We shall communicate with you if he had to have changes in your reservation there.