2-Day Whale and kayaking maritime discovery expedition
The package offers two flagship activities of the Charlevoix tourist circuit : the descent of the Gouffre River - 8 km at Baie-Saint-Paul and a Zodiac whale-watching excursion from Baie-Sainte-Catherine.
There is no booking order for these activities. You can book the descent of the Gouffre River for the 1st day and do the whale excursion in zodiac another day, or vice versa.
About the “La Familiale” descent
Enjoy 8 km of kayaking on the Gouffre River, a wild salmon river with whitewaters easy to cross. It is an accessible and popular route for families, school groups and other outdoor enthusiasts who have completed it.
About the zodiac whale cruise
In a Zodiac, meet 13 species of whales and marine mammals during an incredible 2-hour adventure. Explore the Saguenay-St. Lawrence Marine Park, the best whale watching site in the world !
Information and price
From June 10th to September 17th 2023, daily and upon reservation.
RIVER KAYAKING: Baie-Saint-Paul wharf, 210, Sainte-Anne street, Baie-Saint-Paul, G3Z 1P8
ZODIAC EXCURSION : Boarding & Ticket Counter AML, 159, 138 road, Baie-Sainte-Catherine, G0T 1A0
Price for each participant
|Adults (13 years old and more)||149,99 $|
|Young (6 to 12 years old)||125,99 $|
The package includes :
- 1h30 recreational kayak excursion
- 2h zodiac excursion
- Renting a single or double kayak
- Shuttle to launch point
- Basic instructions
- Nautical equipment and dry bag
The package excludes :
- Your personal sports garments
- Taxes (14.975 %)
Included equipment :
- Solo or double sea kayak
- PFD (Personal Flotation Device)
- Dry bag
- Insulated clothing available (for rent)
Required equipment :
- Closed shoes or sandals attached (no flip-flops)
- Shorts or swimsuits
- A fleece or wool sweater (especially for the zodiac)
- A cap or hat
- Change of clothes
- Enough water for the day
Route and duration
Descent of the Gouffre River at Baie-Saint-Paul
From the 8 km departure to Baie-Saint-Paul wharf
Shuttle service from the parking lot at the Baie-Saint-Paul wharf to your kayak starting point is included in the rental price. All kayak routes end at the Baie-Saint-Paul wharf.
It’s the easier route, with some fun whitewaters to discover the river's challenges.
From 2h to 3h (including the handover of equipment, transportation and the descent and depending on water level).
Zodiac excursion at Baie-Saint-Catherine
- 2 hrs total
Descent of the Gouffre River
- From June 10th to June 22nd 2023 : 10:00 AM, 12:00 PM and 2:00 PM
- From June 23rd to September 4th 2023 : 9:00 AM, 12:00 PM and 2:00 PM
- From September 5th to September 17th 2023 : 10:00 AM and 12:00 PM
Departures from Baie-Sainte-Catherine :
- From June 17th to October 1st 2023 : 8:00 AM
- From June 3rd to October 7th 2023 : 4:30 PM
- 100% of the amount of your order will be charged when purchasing the package.
- The ticket is NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Unlike the descent of the Gouffre River, the reservations for the zodiac excursion are made with us BY PHONE.
- It is possible to reserve the descent of the Gouffre River online, up to 24 hours before.
- To book within 24 hours of the targeted event, contact us at 1.800.453.4850.