Paragliding in the Gouffre Valley
Paragliding is closest way there is of flying like a bird. The silence, the landscape under your feet, the sliding air that supports you… Tandem flying requires no experience on behalf of the passenger. A two-seat paraglider with a larger wing surface is used. The few safety steps necessary to insure a safe take-off are given by the pilot instructor before the flight.
The tandem paragliding flight is the ideal activity for those who wish to experience the sensations of free flight at least once without investing in formal training.
Location: wind speed and direction determine where the flight takes place.
- Mont des Florents in Baie-Saint-Paul, altitude 350m
- Cap Martin in St Urbain, altitude 450m
During the flight, the passenger is placed to the front of and slightly below the pilot, not so as to block his vision. This way, the passenger can freely admire the panorama all around him (or her). Besides, being seated during the flight allows one to take in the experience in relative comfort.
The flight is entirely controlled by the pilot instructor. Nevertheless, conditions permitting, the passenger can also try his/her hand at piloting the paraglider under the pilot's supervision. Don't worry! It is completely optional and up to you to decide!
Information and price
From june 14th to September 30th, 2019
Shell Service Station A. Côté, 1600 Blvd Mgr de Laval, Baie St Paul, QC G3Z 3B6 (at intersection of route381
Price for each participant
|Tandem paragliding flight|
|Adults (14+)||114 $|
The package includes…
- Qualified pilot supervision
- Basic instructions
- Necessary flying equipment
The package excludes…
- Your personal sports garments
- Taxes (14.975 %)
- One Wing
- Athletic shoes
- Seasonal flexible clothing
Route and length
Flights in the Gouffre Valley
This activity is accessible for people aged 18 and more. You need a minimum of physical condition (between 46 and 108 kg), as long as you are capable of running a few steps during takeoff.
Flight duration depends on weather conditions at the time. As there is no motor to assist with flight, only updrafts can allow us to stay airborne for a
- Generally, flights last between 7 to 15 minutes, depending on conditions.
Between 9:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m.
Once you have made your reservation, contact us by telephone the day before your activity to confirm the next day's flight.
- We will then give you the exact time of the flight.
Note that because of changing weather conditions, it is preferable to leave yourself some leeway in your schedule.
- Reservations will be confirmed by the payment with a credit card.
- It is possible to reserve on-line till 48 hours before the activities.
- To reserve the day beforevor that very day, please contact us to 418.665.2332.
- We shall communicate with you if he had to have changes in your reservation there.