New in Charlevoix
Stand Up Paddle is a new and original way of discovering our waters. Standing up on a surf board with a long paddle will allow you to enjoy a different view of the elements and the landscape. Let our guides initiate you: you will have the opportunity to discover the river while learning the basic techniques of this growing sport that is accessible to all.
Stand Up Paddle can be done under all water conditions: from the quietest to the most turbulent. Move, discover, live the moment and try out this all new activity offered by Katabatik!
- Basic Stand Up Paddle techniques
- The mouth of the Gouffre river
- The river itself, it's environment, and the heart of Baie-Saint-Paul.
A must for families
The Gouffre river is still a wild salmon river, ideal for recreational kayaking. Several routes dotted with easy whitewaters are offered to beginners, families, groups including school groups, as well as more experienced adepts.
Relax, live the present, take a deep breath, have a good look at all this wilderness, feel its power and let the river currents guide your trip.#A glimpse of what to expectThe Gouffre river's forest landscape is unique as it meanders through a valley seated in blue clay and sand.The last leg snakes through a more rural and urbanized section: the village of Baie-Saint-Paul. On the West bank, next to the Leclerc bridge, is a historical fresco about Charlevoix, Baie-Saint-Paul and the hinterland, from the olden days until now.# The environment you will be exploring
The source of the Gouffre river is lac des Coeurs, located in Grands-Jardins National Park. It flows 72 km before joining the brackish waters of the St. Lawrence estuary at the Baie-Saint-Paul wharf. All the routes we offer on this river come to an end at the mouth of the river, near our facilities at the wharf, 210 rue Sainte-Anne.
This river is well-known because of the presence of Atlantic salmon, Speckled and Rainbow trout in its waters. Its many pools attract salmon fishermen.
The Gouffre river is nonetheless a fragile environment. Let's remind ourselves that we are visiting a unique ecosystem. PLEASE follow our example and Leave No Trace of your passage.
Information and price
From May 20th to September 30th, 2019 Also available : paddle surf rentals
Quai de Baie-Saint-Paul, 210, rue Sainte-Anne, Baie-Saint-Paul, G3Z 1P8
Price for each participant
|Age||Rates||Groups 8 and+|
|Adults (18 +)||59 $||53 $|
|Youth 10-17||45 $||40 $|
|Rentals 1h||20 $|
|Rentals 1/2 day||25 $|
|Rentals 1 day||40 $|
The package includes…
- Supervision by a professional guide
- Rental of a Stand Up Paddle
- Shuttle to the river starting point
- Nautical equipment and dry bags
The package excludes…
- Your personal sports garments
- Taxes (14.975 %)
- Guide gratuities, at your discretion.
- One Stand Up Paddle
- PFD (Personal Flotation Device)
- Dry bags
- Dry suit rental available
- Wool or Polar sweater
- Short or swimsuit
- Cap or hat
- Extra clothes
- Enough water for the whole day
- Sunglasses and suntan lotion
Route and length
Stand Up Paddle initiation
At the entrace of the riviere du Gouffre
Easy, for all the familly and people in good shape.
- 2h30 at total
- Shuttle and preparation : 30 minutes
- initiation: 30 minutes
- SUP trip: 1h30
- Reservations will be confirmed by the payment with a credit card.
- It is possible to reserve on-line till 48 hours before the activities.
- To reserve the day beforevor that very day, please contact us to 418.665.2332.
- We shall communicate with you if he had to have changes in your reservation there.
Reception for Stand Up Paddle:
Dock of Baie-Saint-Paul,
210, Rue Ste-Anne,
QC G3Z 1P8