2-Day Whale and kayaking maritime discovery expedition
The package offers two signature activities of the Charlevoix tourist circuit: a sea kayak excursion on the estuary from Saint-Irénée, and a Zodiac whale-watching excursion from Baie-Sainte-Catherine.
Your 1/2 day sea kayak excursion will take place on Day 1. Two daily AML Cruise Zodiac departures from Baie-Sainte-catherine will give you some flexibility to schedule your DAY 2 Zodiac excursion.
The environment you will be visiting
- Observation of marine mammals (whales, seals, belugas)
- The coastal landscapes of the Charlevoix World Biosphere Reserve
- The discovery of the Saguenay-St. Lawrence Marine Park
- The Cap à la Baleine and Pointe le Heu cliffs
- The observation of water birds
- The iodized smell of the tidal flats and the sheer strength of the estuary's tides.
Experienced guides that know the area, respect for weather conditions, maximized supervision ratios, appropriate routes, equipment quality, comfortable wetsuits, all these factors help us to safely supervise groups of tourists of all ages, experience levels and backgrounds.
Information and price
May 20 to September 19, 2019, daily, upon reservation.
- DAY 1 SEA KAYAK: Marina Port de Refuge, 10, rue de la Grève, La Malbaie, G5A 2R3
- DAY 2 - ZODIAC EXCURSION : Boarding & Ticket Counter AML, 159, route 138, Baie-Ste-Catherine, G0T 1A0
Price for each participant
|1/2 day SEA KAYAK + 2h30 ZODIAC excursion|
|Adults (18 et +)||136 $ + taxes|
The package includes…
- A 3 ½ hr kayak excursion
- A 2h30 Zodiac excursion
- Introduction to basic kayaking
- Supervision by a professional guide
- Nautical material and dry bags
- Wetsuit & accessories.
The package excludes…
- Your personal sports garments
- Taxes (14.975 %)
- Guide gratuities, at your discretion.
- Solo or double sea kayak
- Wetsuit, paddling anorak and booties
- PFD (Personal Flotation Device)
- Dry bag
- Sprayskirt and paddle.
- Wool or Polar sweater
- Short or swimsuit
- Cap or hat
- Extra clothes
- Enough water for the whole day.
Route and length
Cap-à-l'Aigle to La Malbaie - return
Port de Refuge de Cap à l'Aigle marina installations for reception and facilities.
Distance Approximately 8 km, with several nice beaches to stop for breaks
Difficulty level Route difficulty is Easy to Moderate, witn an easy start from the Cap à l'Aigle wharf ramp. Excursion is accessible to beginners as well as to experienced paddlers.
- 3 ½ hrs total
- Technical preparation and training: 1hr
- Kayak excursion: 2 to 2 ½ hrs
ZODIAC at Baie-Saint-Catherine
- 2 ½ hrs total
DAY 1 : SEA KAYAK excursion Departures are usually scheduled between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. according to the variable cycle of the tide.
DAY 2 : ZODIAC excursion Participants must be present at:
- 10:15 a.m. or
- 1:30 pm.