From Baie-Saint-Paul, paddle the middle estuary of the St. Lawrence to Saint-Joseph-de-la-Rive while you observe the gigantic panorama of Charlevoix’s West sector. You will pass Cap aux Corbeaux and sail on one of the most powerful currents of the St-Lawrence. Allow yourself to travel this grandiose area, at the foot of the meteoric crater and with l’Isle-aux-Coudres just off shore.
This is a 20-kilometre guided round-trip for kayakers with prior experience. The tour will take a break in the Saint-Joseph-de-la-Rive sector before ending its run at the Baie-Saint-Paul wharf. In calm weather, a crossing to l'Isle-aux-Coudres will be possible, according to the rhythm of the group.
The environment you will be exploring
- The incredible panorama of west Charlevoix;
- Isle-aux-Coudres and the Mont des Éboulements;
- The biggest tides of the St-Lawrence;
- The charming scenery of the Gouffre Valley;
The guides’ experience, industry knowledge, compliance with weather conditions, reduced frame ratios, equipment quality, comfort of insulated clothing; All of these factors help us to safely coach our tour groups of all ages, levels and backgrounds.
Information and price
From July 1st to September 17th, 2022., according to the tidal cycle.
Participants must arrive 30 minutes early to get prepared.
Quai de Baie-Saint-Paul, 210, rue Saint-Anne, Baie-Saint-Paul, G3Z 1P8
|18 and older||130 $||95 $|
|10-17 years||90 $|
This package includes :
- A kayak guided tour (7h)
- Supervision by a professional guide
- Nautical material and dry bags
- Wetsuits and accessories
This package excludes :
- Your personal sportswear
- Taxes not included (14.975 %)
- Gratuities for the guides, at your discretion
Provided equipment :
- Simple or double sea kayaks
- Wetsuit, paddle jacket and booties
- PFD (personal flotation device)
- Dry bags
- Sprayskirt and paddle
Required equipment :
- Polar or wool sweater (in case of bad weather)
- Short or swimsuit
- Cap or hat
- Extra clothes
- Enough water for the day
Route and duration
Approximately 20km, depending on the group’s rhythm.
This route is exposed to tidal currents. There is a facilitating launch from the Baie-Saint-Paul wharf. This excursion is accessible to kayakers already initiated, with experience.
- 7h00 total
- Technical preparation, shuttle and training : 1h
- Kayak excursion: 4h-4h30
- Beach break: 1h30
- Up to 7 days before the activity : 10% of the total amount will be non-refundable, without change fees during the same season.
- From 7 days to 48 hours before the activity : 50% of the total amount will be non-refundable, without change fees during the same season.
- From 48 hours to the day of the activity : 100% of the total amount will be non-refundable, change with a $20 fee during the same season.
- The day of the activity : 100% of the total amount will be non-refundable, without possibility of modification.