Discover Charlevoix's coastal landscapes.
From the Port de Refuge de Cap-à-l'Aigle marina, by way of Pointe le Heu, discover rocky and panoramic sections of the Charlevoix coast: Cap à la Baleine and the Malbaie lagoon.
- The coastal landscapes of the Charlevoix World Biosphere Reserve;
- The Cap à la Baleine and Pointe le Heu cliffs;
- The observation of aquatic birds;
- The iodized smell of tidal flats and the strength of estuary tide currents.
Experienced guides that know the area, respect for weather conditions, maximized supervision ratios, appropriate routes, equipment quality, comfortable wetsuits, all these factors help us to safely supervise groups of tourists of all ages, experience levels and backgrounds.
Information and price
May 19th to September 18th, 2021, upon reserving.
Marina Port de Refuge, 10, rue de la Grève, La Malbaie, G5A 2R3
Price for each participant
|Age||Rates||Groups 8 et +||Kayak perso*|
|18 and +||67 $||57 $||42 $|
|10-17||52 $||45 $||35 $|
The package includes…
- Kayak excursion on the estuary
- Introduction to basic kayaking
- Supervision by a professional guide
- Nautical material and dry bags
- Wetsuit & accessories.
The package excludes…
- Your personal sports garments
- Taxes (14.975 %)
- Guide gratuities, at your discretion.
- Solo or double sea kayak
- Wetsuit, paddling anorak and booties
- PFD (Personal Flotation Device)
- Sprayskirt and paddle.
- Wool or Polar sweater
- Short or swimsuit
- Cap or hat
- Extra clothes
- Enough water for the whole day.
Route and length
Cap-à-l'Aigle to La Malbaie - return
Port de Refuge de Cap à l'Aigle marina installations for reception and facilities.
Approximately 8 km, with several nice beaches to stop for breaks
Route difficulty is Easy to Moderate, witn an easy start from the Cap à l'Aigle wharf ramp. Excursion is accessible to beginners as well as to experienced paddlers.
- 3hrs 30min total
- Technical preparation and training: 1hr
- Kayak excursion: 2hrs to 2 hrs 30min
Departures are usually scheduled between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m., according to the variable cycle of the tide.
- Download our detailed schedule to obtain information about all our activities.