Winter kayak excursion at Cap-à-l'Aigle
Exclusive: unusual winter kayak experience!
Dare to push the kayak experience to a new high during the season where ice still floats down the River. You can have a front row seat for the grandiose spectacle of nature's quiet strength. These four hours of activities will allow kayakists to find themselves in an exceptional setting and to satisfy their need for adventure and discovery.
- The unique feeling of being the first and the only ones on the water.
- The coastal landscapes of La Malbaie and Cap-à-l'Aigle in winter.
- Beautiful cliffs with cascades of ice.
- An area where aquatic birds (Common Eiders and Long-Tailed Ducks) concentrate.
The environment you will be visiting:
The proposed excursions will allow you to tame the icy waters of the St. Lawrence estuary at the end of winter and in early spring. Icebergs and ice floes, seals and Long-tailed Ducks, sunshine and blue sea water... be among the chosen few who paddle out at this time of year!
Thanks to the much closer supervision of participants, the use of double kayaks and the wearing of warm clothes, sea kayaking turns out to be as secure and stimulating in winter as it is in summer.
Information and price
February 23 to April 13, 2013, weekends only.
Marina Port de Refuge, 10, rue de la Grève, La Malbaie, G5A 2R3
Price for each participant
|Age||Rates||Groups 8 and+|
|18 and +||85 $||77 $|
|10-17||75 $||68 $|
The package includes…
- A 4 hr winter kayak activity
- Introduction to basic kayaking
- Supervision by a professional guide
- Nautical material and dry bags
- Dry-suit and accessories
- Warm beverages and snacks
The package excludes…
- Your personal sports garments
- Taxes (14.975 %)
- Guide gratuities, at your discretion
- Double polyethylene sea kayak
- Neoprene overall-Long Johns /Janes
- Top layer: semi-dry anorak
- 3 mm neoprene socks and felt boots
- Poogies and neoprene gloves
- 2-piece Dry-suits also available
- PFD (flotation jacket)
- Dry bag, Sprayskirt, paddle
- 2 Wool or Polar sweaters
- Long sports underwear
- Tuque, warm mitts, (avoid leather), scarf
- Spare clothes
- Sunglasses, suntan lotion
- Enough water for the whole day.
Route and length
Cap-à-l'Aigle to La Malbaie - return
- Approximately 6 km
- Difficulty level
Easy route, starting points may vary slightly in winter. Excursion is accessible to beginners who aren't afraid of the cold :-) as well as experienced paddlers.
- 4hrs total
- Technical preparation and training: 1hr
- Kayak excursion: 2hrs to 2hrs 30min
Departures are usually scheduled between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m., according to the variable cycle of the tide.
- Reservation requests using the form included below will be processed quickly.
- We shall call you to complete your reservation
- Reservations must be confirmed by credit card.
- The deposit at the reseration is 50% of the total amount.
In case of cancellation by Katabatik for reasons of security related to weather conditions:
- A new reservation is made at the customer's convenience;
- If it is impossible for the customer to make a new reservation, the excursion is cancelled free of charge.
- The decision to cancel made by Katabatik always takes place at the starting point and departure time of a given activity.
For reservations cancelled by the customer:
- You can modify or cancel your reservation free of charge up until noon (12 p.m.) the day before the activity.
- For any cancellation made after noon (12 p.m.) the day before the activity, the 50 % deposit is not refundable.