Package: ½ day SEA KAYAKING + ZODIAC excursion
2-Day Whale and kayaking maritime discovery expedition
The package offers two signature activities of the Charlevoix tourist circuit: a sea kayak excursion on the estuary from Saint-Irénée, and a Zodiac whale-watching excursion from Baie-Sainte-Catherine.
Your 1/2 day sea kayak excursion will take place on Day 1. Two daily AML Cruise Zodiac departures from Baie-Sainte-catherine will give you some flexibility to schedule your DAY 2 Zodiac excursion.
The environment you will be visiting
- Observation of marine mammals (whales, seals, belugas)
- The coastal landscapes of the Charlevoix World Biosphere Reserve
- The discovery of the Saguenay-St. Lawrence Marine Park
- The Cap à la Baleine and Pointe le Heu cliffs
- The observation of water birds
- The iodized smell of the tidal flats and the sheer strength of the estuary's tides.
Experienced guides that know the area, respect for weather conditions, maximized supervision ratios, appropriate routes, equipment quality, comfortable wetsuits, all these factors help us to safely supervise groups of tourists of all ages, experience levels and backgrounds.
Information and price
May 11 to October 13, 2013, daily, upon reservation.
Price for each participant
|1/2 day SEA KAYAK + 3 hour ZODIAC excursion|
|Adults (18 et +)||$ 129 + taxes|
The package includes…
- A 3 ½ hr kayak excursion
- A 3 hr Zodiac excursion
- Introduction to basic kayaking
- Supervision by a professional guide
- Nautical material and dry bags
- Wetsuit & accessories.
The package excludes…
- Your personal sports garments
- Taxes (14.975 %)
- Guide gratuities, at your discretion.
- Solo or double sea kayak
- Wetsuit, paddling anorak and booties
- PFD (Personal Flotation Device)
- Dry bag
- Sprayskirt and paddle.
- Wool or Polar sweater
- Short or swimsuit
- Cap or hat
- Extra clothes
- Enough water for the whole day.
Route and length
SEA KAYAK at Cap-à-l'Aigle
Port de Refuge de Cap à l'Aigle marina installations for reception and facilities.
- Approximately 8 km, with several nice beaches for a break
- Difficulty level
- Route difficulty level is Easy to Moderate, starting from the Cap à l'Aigle wharf ramp. Excursion is accessible to beginners as well as to experienced paddlers.
- 3 ½ hrs total
- Technical preparation and training: 1hr
- Kayak excursion: 2 to 2 ½ hrs
ZODIAC at Baie-Saint-Catherine
- 3 ½ hrs total
DAY 1: SEA KAYAK excursion
Departures are usually scheduled between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. according to the variable cycle of the tide.
- Download our detailed schedule to obtain information about all our activities.
DAY 2: ZODIAC excursion Participants must be present at:
- 9:30 a.m. or
- 1:30 pm.
Contact us for details and to book your reservation.
- Reservation requests using the form included below will be processed quickly.
- We shall call you to complete your reservation
- Reservations must be confirmed by credit card.
- The deposit at the reseration is 50% of the total amount.
In case of cancellation by Katabatik for reasons of security related to weather conditions:
- A new reservation is made at the customer's convenience;
- If it is impossible for the customer to make a new reservation, the excursion is cancelled free of charge.
- The decision to cancel made by Katabatik always takes place at the starting point and departure time of a given activity.
For reservations cancelled by the customer:
- You can modify or cancel your reservation free of charge up until noon (12 p.m.) the day before the activity.
- For any cancellation made after noon (12 p.m.) the day before the activity, the 50 % deposit is not refundable.