Helicopter flight and kayaking at L'Isle-aux-Coudres
Charlevoix by Sky and by Sea
Helico-kayking: an experience you'll never forget!
When you land, a guide welcomes you and accompanies you in a sea kayak excursion.
The environment you will be visiting
From the Northeasternmost tip of the island, paddle around the most beautiful and most welcoming Island in the Middle Estuary, towards the lighthouse and the prairies, enjoying the view of Mont des Éboulements and over 60 km of Charlevoix coastline.
The package, in short
- Helicopter flight: 10 min.
- Duration of kayak excursion: 3 ½ hrs
- Return by land.
- The coastal landscapes of the Charlevoix World Biosphere Reserve;
- Meeting and observing aquatic birds and marine mammals;
- The iodized smell of the Island's tide flats.
Information and price
June 23 to September 4, 2013
Héli-Charlevoix site, 1608 route 138 Baie-Saint-Paul, QC G3Z 2X7
Price for each participant
|Helicopter flight and kayaking at L'Isle-aux-Coudres|
|min.2 passengers||$ 285 + taxes /pers.|
|3 passengers||$ 255 + taxes / pers.|
The package includes…
- Helicopter flight from Baie-Saint-Paul to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- 3 ½ hr guided kayak excursion
- Introduction to basic kayaking
- Supervision by a professional guide
- Nautical material and dry bags
- Wetsuit & accessories.
- Return to Baie-Saint-Paul by shuttle
The package excludes…
- Your personal sports garments
- Taxes (14.975 %)
- Guide gratuities, at your discretion.
- Solo or double sea kayak
- Wetsuit, paddling anorak and booties
- PFD (Personal Flotation Device)
- Dry bag
- Sprayskirt and paddle.
- Wool or Polar sweater
- Short or swimsuit
- Cap or hat
- Extra clothes
- Enough water for the whole day
Route and length
Baie-Saint-Paul to L'Isle-aux-Coudres by air **
from the Héli-Charlevoix site.
Northeastern part of Isle-aux-Coudres and North shore of island towards marina
L'Auberge du Capitaine installations for reception and facilities.
- Approximately 8 km, with several nice beaches to stop for breaks.
- Difficulty level
- Route difficulty level is Easy to Moderate. Excursion is accessible to beginners as well as experienced paddlers.
- Helicopter flight: 10 min.
- Technical preparation and training: 1 hr
- Kayak excursion: 2 to 2 ½ hrs
- Return by shuttle: 45 min.
Two daily helicopter departures. Participants arrival times:
- 8:30 a.m.
- 1:30 p.m.
((not available Friday afternoons, Saturdays and Sundays))
Contact us for details and to book your reservation.
- Reservation requests using the form included below will be processed quickly.
- We shall call you to complete your reservation
- Reservations must be confirmed by credit card.
- The deposit at the reseration is 50% of the total amount.
In case of cancellation by Katabatik for reasons of security related to weather conditions:
- A new reservation is made at the customer's convenience;
- If it is impossible for the customer to make a new reservation, the excursion is cancelled free of charge.
- The decision to cancel made by Katabatik always takes place at the starting point and departure time of a given activity.
For reservations cancelled by the customer:
- You can modify or cancel your reservation free of charge up until noon (12 p.m.) the day before the activity.
- For any cancellation made after noon (12 p.m.) the day before the activity, the 50 % deposit is not refundable.