2-day kayak-camping expedition | Cap-à-l'Aigle to St-Siméon
Discover the Charlevoix coast
» The Cap au Saumon lighthouse between Port-au-Saumon and Port-au-Persil.
From the Cap-à-l'Aigle wharf, paddle along one of the least visited sections of the Charlevoix coast. Imagine living for two days to the twice-daily rhythm of the tide currents, rounding one rocky cape after another, camping on the beach, and seeing aquatic birds and marine mammals ( Minke and Fin Whales, belugas, Harbour Porpoise and Seals).
- The coastal landscapes of the Charlevoix World Biosphere Reserve
- The Southwest sector of the Saguenay-St. Lawrence Marine Park
- Camping on the beach and outdoor meals
- The observation of aquatic birds and marine mammals
- The iodized smell of tidal flats and the string of rocky capes
The environment you will visit
Many species of aquatic and migratory bird species live and/or stop over here. To mention but a few: the Common Eider, Surf Scoter, Barrow's Goldeneye, Double-crested Cormorant, Herring Gull, Great Black-backed Gull, Black-crowned Night-Heron, Razorbill, Black Guillemot, Long-tailed Duck , Great Blue Heron, Snow Goose, Canada Goose. In all, 250 species of shorebirds, forest and aquatic birds visit and\or live in the Charlevoix region.
As for marine mammals, there are 2 resident species: the Beluga and the Harbour Seal, along with a few other species that spend the summer here: Harbour porpoise, Minke and Fin Whales.
Experienced guides that know the area, respect for weather conditions, maximized supervision ratios, appropriate routes, equipment quality, comfortable wetsuits, all these factors help us to safely supervise groups of tourists of all ages, experience levels and backgrounds.
Information and price
June 23 to September 30, 2013. From four persons.
Marina Port de Refude de Cap-à-l’Aigle, 10, rue de la Grève, La Malbaie
Price for each participant
|Age||Rates||Groups 8 et +||Kayak perso*|
|18 and +||320 $||290 $||260 $|
|10-17||250 $||225 $||190 $|
( * ) : pour ceux qui participent avec leur propre kayak de mer et vêtements isothermiques.
The package includes…
- A 2-day kayak-camping expedition on the St. Lawrence estuary.
- Introduction to basic kayaking
- Supervision by a professional guide
- Nautical material and dry bags
- Wetsuit & accessories
- The campsite or the refuge
- Well-balanced and healthy meals, with an accent on regional products. Shuttle transportation in secure vehicles.
The package excludes…
- Taxes (14.975 %)
- Guide gratuities, at your discretion
- Camping equipment
- Tent and mattress extra
- Solo or double sea kayak
- Wetsuit, paddling anorak and booties
- PFD (Personal Floatation Device)
- Paddling gloves
- Sprayskirt and paddle.
- Wool or Polar sweater
- Short or swimsuit
- Cap or hat
- Extra clothes
- Sunglasses and Suntan lotion
- Enough water for the whole day
- Personal hygiene kit
Route and length
Cap-à-l'Aigle to Saint-Siméon - one way only. Return by shuttle.
Port de Refuge de Cap à l'Aigle marina installations for reception and facilities.
- Approximately 33 km, with several nice beaches to stop for meals.
- Difficulty level
- Route difficulty is Moderate, with tidal currents and wind. Excursion is accessible to quick-learning beginners as well as to experienced paddlers.
- Route, day by day
- Day 1
- Reception : 8h30 at the Port de Refuge de Cap à l'Aigle marina.
- Lunch : around 11h30 at Rivière à la Loutre, on the Bas-de-l’Anse beaches.
- P.M. : Rounding Gros Cap à l’Aigle, entrance to the Saguenay-St. Lawrence Marine Park.
- Supper and stayover : camping at the Ère de l’Estuaire camp at Port-au- Saumon.
- DAY 2
- Breakfast and departure: around 11a.m. from Port-au-Saumon.
- Lunch : around 1:00 p.m. at Port-au-Persil.
- P.M. arrival : at Saint-Siméon campground.
- Return by shuttle: back to Cap-à-l’Aigle around 4:00 p.m.
Departures usually take place at 8:30 a.m unless otherwise specified.
- Contact us for details and to book your reservation..
- Reservation requests using the form included below will be processed quickly.
- We shall call you to complete your reservation
- Reservations must be confirmed by credit card.
- The deposit at the reseration is 50% of the total amount.
In case of cancellation by Katabatik for reasons of security related to weather conditions:
- A new reservation is made at the customer's convenience;
- If it is impossible for the customer to make a new reservation, the excursion is cancelled free of charge.
- The decision to cancel made by Katabatik always takes place at the starting point and departure time of a given activity.
For reservations cancelled by the customer:
- You can modify or cancel your reservation free of charge up until noon (12 p.m.) the day before the activity.
- For any cancellation made after noon (12 p.m.) the day before the activity, the 50 % deposit is not refundable.