1 day sea kayaking & hiking tour | Baie-des-Rochers
The Charlevoix coast's hidden treasure
From the Baie-des-Rochers wharf, paddle one of the most remote sections of the coast and the Marine Park, discovering the bay itself, its Island, l'Anse de Sable and la Coulée des Mâts. An area teeming with aquatic birds and some marine mammals. A guided hike in the surrounding trails will offer you a complete perspective of the landscapes of this unique area.
- The landscapes of the Charlevoix coast and the Saguenay - St. Lawrence Marine Park
- One of the region's pristine bays
- Concentrations of aquatic birds
- An area where you can observe marine mammals (Seals, Belugas, Minke Whales)
The environment you will be visiting
Many species of aquatic and migratory bird species live and/or stop over here. To mention but a few: the Common Eider, Barrow's Goldeneye, Double-crested Cormorant, Herring Gull, Great Black-backed Gull, Black-crowned Night-Heron and Canada Goose. As for marine mammals, there are 2 resident species: the Beluga and the Harbour Seal, plus a few other species that stop over during summer, the Harbour Porpoise, Minke and Fin Whales.
The Baie-des-Rochers sector discovery activity, in the heart of the middle St. Lawrence Estuary, also testifies as to Charlevoix's hectic geological history. Paddle to the rhythm of the tide and learn more from our interpreter-guides.
Experienced guides that know the area, respect for weather conditions, maximized supervision ratios, appropriate routes, equipment quality, comfortable wetsuits, all these factors help us to safely supervise groups of tourists of all ages, experience levels and backgrounds.
Information and price
June 22 to October 13, 2013, daily, upon reservation.
Baie-des-Rochers wharf, at the end of rue de la Chapelle, in Saint-Siméon, G0T 1X0
Price for each participant
|Age||Rates||Groups 10 et +||Kayak perso*|
|18 and +||70 $||63 $||45 $||10-17||55 $||50 $||30 $|
( * ) : pour ceux qui participent avec leur propre kayak de mer et vêtements isothermiques.
The package includes…
- A guided kayak excursion (3hrs 30min)
- A guided hike (1hr 30min)
- Introduction to basic kayaking
- Supervision by a professional guide
- Nautical material and dry bags
- Wetsuit & accessories.
The package excludes…
- Your personal sports garments
- Taxes (14.975 %)
- Guide gratuities, at your discretion.
- Solo or double sea kayak
- Wetsuit, paddling anorak and booties
- PFD (Personal Flotation Device)
- Dry bag
- Sprayskirt and paddle
- Wool or Polar sweater
- Short or swimsuit
- Cap or hat
- Extra clothes
- Your noon meal
- Enough water for the whole day.
Route and length
Baie-des-Rochers - complete tour - by land and by sea
Katabatik installations on the wharf for reception and facilities.
- Approximately 6 km
- Difficulty level
- Route difficulty level is Easy, Excursion is accessible to beginners as well as to experienced paddlers.
- 6hrs total
- Kayak ecursion: 3hrs 30min
- Guided hike: 1hr 30 min
- Lunch Break : 1 hr
Departures are usually scheduled between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m., according to the variable cycle of the tide.
- Reservation requests using the form included below will be processed quickly.
- We shall call you to complete your reservation
- Reservations must be confirmed by credit card.
- The deposit at the reseration is 50% of the total amount.
In case of cancellation by Katabatik for reasons of security related to weather conditions:
- A new reservation is made at the customer's convenience;
- If it is impossible for the customer to make a new reservation, the excursion is cancelled free of charge.
- The decision to cancel made by Katabatik always takes place at the starting point and departure time of a given activity.
For reservations cancelled by the customer:
- You can modify or cancel your reservation free of charge up until noon (12 p.m.) the day before the activity.
- For any cancellation made after noon (12 p.m.) the day before the activity, the 50 % deposit is not refundable.